Friday, December 4, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

Well this year's Thanksgiving was one for the story book. It started out great. It snowed all day, Tyson was home and cleaning up the house was a snap ( I love being minimalist :) 

Well we got the turkey ready and preped in the oven by noon, then everyone went to take a nap and I worked. 

Well at 2:30 I checked the turkey and realised that the "clean oven" light was on. Well when yo "lock" the oven it automatically switches to clean mode - who knew? Well I freaked out and I started to actually cook the turkey. 

I texed the Biglers to let them now to come at 5:30 instead of 4:30. 

Well everyone arrived, the turkey was smelling great. Well at 530 the timer beeped and I took at a look at the turkey - the roasting bag had melted  - totally disappeared. So I called Tyson to show him and he said we could not eat it. So with everyone here at 6 pm, we had no turkey. 

I was mortified. I was horrified. and so embarrassed. 

We eat ate a vegetarian Thanksgiving. I kept telling myself that It was not that bad or that it was funny - but it did not feel funny. I kept thinking "what would I tell my girls on how to react" and I knew I had to just make the best of it. So I apologised to the Biglers and they were amazingly gracious. This will be our last Thanksgiving with them since they are moving back to Utah - but what a night. 

They left at 730 pm and we were cleaned up in 20 minutes. It was amazing how fast we cleaned up. We put the girls to bed and we finished watching the Scortch Trials movie. I was in bed at 930. 

So lesson's learned.

1. Double and triple check the oven.
2. Cook ham
3. Have frozen pizza just in case :) 

I have so much to be thankful for, especially the fact I even have a Turkey to ruin. The fact that I had people over, food to serve, issues to be had.... it made me realize the small things in life. 

So here's to 2015 Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment