Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Sydney's Turns 9

 


Sydney, 

You are 9 years old! What a crazy year this has been.  You have been through so much this year - a pandemic, forced homeschooling, learning to wear a mask, keeping distance, learning about racism, learning about friends at school, and dealing with some pretty heavy topics. 

You have been this light in the darkness. You have blossomed so much. This year you have really increased in your ability to do chores and really lead. You are more independent, you have your own ideas and you have few but very special friends. 

You are learning to think critically and to see people around you as children of God. Your heart is tender and big towards others. You adore school and have loved 3rd grade - and you love Mrs. Dacola. You succeeded at remote learning and you loved doing the outdoor camp all summer. 

I love you Sydney. I love reading with you at night, I love that you love to read. I love that you love school and are learning your times table. 

Just a few days later you started your braces. 

I love you, sweet Sydney. Thank you for being my helper, my learner, and my peacemaker. 

Love, 
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment