Saturday, February 4, 2023

Remembering Tia Jollette










My sweet Aunt Jollette passed on January 23rd. I am so glad I was able to fly to Utah on February 3rd for her memorial and funeral. It was amazing to have our entire family together - but sad to know she was gone. She fought a hard battle with cancer since January 2020. It was hard to see this terrible disease take her. Tia Jollette was fierce, determined, and independent.

But she was also loving, fun, caring, and selfless. She cared and took action when she did not have to - but she always followed what God had for her. 

She was my first example of a professional woman - educated, rocking at her job, and not waiting for others to provide for her. She pushed education, she pushed doing more with your life. She opened her home - to our loud, noisy and sometimes dramatic family. She took my Abuelita in.
They became best friends. She was devoted to her kids and was there
for them - especially in the really tough times they had. 

Without her, my life would be totally different. I feel a deep deep reverence for her.
I love you Tia. I can't wait to see you again! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment