Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sydney First Week Pictures

Here is a recap of what we did my last week. I was 40 weeks and 4 days when I delivered her. Here are a few highlights.

1. We attended our ward Trunk Or Treat the day after I was due. EVERYONE was hoping I would not come. My RS president said to walk on a curve. Which I did. Tyson was a "serial killer" and I had Sydney in my belly.

2. My mom flew in the next day (10/29) and we spent the whole two days walking and walking to try and induce me.

3. I went into labor Sunday 10/30 around 7 pm while walking at Toys R Us. I went to the hospital at 11:45 pm. Contractions were every 4-3 minutes. I was admited dialated at a 4.

4. I progressed really fast. I went from a 4 - 9.5 dilated without an epidural because they did not think I would go so fast. I was freaking out when I found out how far I was because I did not want them to tell me it was too late for an epidural.

5. I got an epidural at 3 am. I was fully dialated and started pushing 15 minutes later. I pushed for three hours. She was born at 7:05 am.

6. I ended up staying at the hospital for 5 days. My brain had swelling and caused a viral infection in my left ear. I had vertigo really really bad the first 5 days. I could not really even hold Sydney because I was afraid to drop her. I was admitted Sunday night. Discharged Thursday at 3 pm. The staff at Good Samaritan Hospital were AMAZING!

7. I was able to spend 2 days at home with my mom and grandma before they left. They were amazing and cooked, cleaned and took care of me and Sydney. They watched her at night, they gave her her first sponge bath. They were so loving. I miss them alot.















































3 comments:

  1. She is such a doll! Congrats to the both of you. I'm so sorry about the complications with her- and pushing for 3 hours- that is so long! I'm glad you had an epidural though, because pushing without one for 12 minutes felt like 2 hours with Avey. Good luck recovering, and loving your little Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Congrats again! What a beautiful family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! It is so fun to see you so fresh with your new baby girl- sweet, sweet times.

    ReplyDelete