Monday, November 21, 2011

Sydney Week 2

Sorry to just post up Sydney's 2nd week pictures. I had NOOO idea taking care of a newborn could be so time consuming. Here are highlights of her 2nd and 3rd week:

1. Debbie and Gaylan were in town. They were super helpful. Specially Debbie - who saw the worse of my small depression period. I would just cry on the couch for no reason. She was there to litsen and to constantly build me up. My poor mom ego was just low and she made me believe that I was a good mom and even kept saying "you know your baby so well" "you are so bonded" - it may sound small but it made the biggest difference. I have to say that the best thing she bought me - my digital watch from Walmart. Could not live without it.

2. We ventured out to do some pretty crazy thing with a newborn. We went to watch Contegion at the movie theaters, we went out to eat, we went to the aquarium.

3. Sydney threw her first temper tandrum in the car on the way from the Aquarium to the Old Spagethi Factory. She hated being in her carseat and those 8 little blocks seemed like 45 miles. I was so pissed off at Tyson for not driving faster and refusing to break city laws. I just wanted my baby to be ok. I cried in the car(naturally) and just held her when we finally found a parking spot.

4. Sydney lost her ambilical cord at 12 days. It came off while debbie and I gave her a bath. She loves baths! She will cry a little bit when she first gets in but she is sooo happy in the warm water.

5. We took lots of videos of Sydney. We have a You Tube channel that I will post a link to. She's so funny.

6. We braved sacrament meeting on Sunday and I was sooo beyond tired. Tyson was just so excited to show Sydney off. I just wanted to sleep.

7. We eat at Chilli's, Cafe Rio, Ruby Tuesdays and had sandwhiches. Cooking just goes out the window when you have a newborn.

8. Sydney went to her first ped's appointment and had gone from 6.14 to 7.4 in weight :) she is growing.




















No comments:

Post a Comment