Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers Day 2013

London let me sleep until 5 am baby! Whohoo. I woke up, fed her and as usual could not fall back sleep. I put a dark towel over my night stand, turned it on and started reading "how to teach your child to read in 100 lesson". Sydney is way too young to start but I got it from the library to familiarize myself with it and see if its something I would do with her. I got tired at 630 and feel sleep until 730 when London got up. We started the morning off as usual. Tyson gave a piece of paper to Sydney to bring to me and this is what it said:


To the best mother on earth, A.K.A. Martha Gerber (if you didn’t know)
What I love about you is that every day I fall more in love with you. I love the mother you have become and the wife you always have been and continue to be.  I see how hard you find ways to keep Sydney learning and having new fun things to experience. No other mother succeeds as well as you do. I enjoy reading your blog about our family and the photos you take so that I can come home and not feel left out of the fun experiences you have with the girls.
It is a different time in our life and it seems tough but it is less tough when I am with you.  You make life worth living. I couldn’t imagine life without you and our girls. I am really enjoying this time and being a family.
I think you are so cute with London. It is really fun to see you interact with her “oh my goodness” and kissing her hands and you get so excited when she smiles at you. You are so good at being aware of Sydney and letting her be a part of London’s life. Burping her, kind of carrying her (of course with your help). You are best mom ever!
I have always been impressed and you never cease to amaze me with learning and having stick-to-itiveness. When you put your mind to it you just do it. Learning how to do QuickBooks and setting up with someone how to learn it. You get up every day and exercise. THAT TAKES A LOT OF EFFORT! It is easy to do it for a day, a week (like I did) but to do it daily it takes a special person and I wish I could be more like you in that way.
I have to admit you always make me look good. You read books and share them with me and then I share that information with other people and I sound like this really smart guy. When it was really copy right infringement since I kind of stole the knowledge from you! So, thanks for making me look so smart!
You are looking so hot right now… Like DANG GIRL! Thanks for the eye candy everyday and sorry I can’t keep my hands off you! Really? Can you blame a guy?
I love the spiritual side of you too Honey. I love how you prepared a Family Home Evening lesson, Taking Sydney to nursery, Coming home and sharing with me your favorite part of Sunday lessons. Teaching our kids to pray. Our family will be a great family because of your testimony and always wanting to improve our family unit.
I hope you know that I love you. That I am a proud husband and have never been ashamed of whom I married. I have the best wife anyone could ask for! Happy Mother’s Day Honey. I hope it is a good one.
Love your Superman, 

Tyson writes me letters pretty regularly. I still have some of them. Still I decided that I want our girls to read them when they are much older and I've decided to put them on my blog for our family yearbook. This letter meant so much to me. It's such a crazy time in our lives and yet the best of times. It reminds me of the country song "remember when" and the verse that say's

"remember when,
the sound of little feet, was music, we dance from week to week,
brought back the hope, we found love,
vowed we'd never give it up,
remember when ..." 

Happy Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment