Thursday, February 13, 2014

Saving Money


This year we got our biggest tax return-one awesome thing about having two babies. This Sunday we start our 2nd round of PFSU. We love Dave Ramsey and really respect what he teaches. This year my goal is to get back on the horse. Having London really out a lot in the back burner. We bought the van and it just felt we were looser with our money. I still tracked everything but not as picky trying to save those extra dollars. We'll this year I'm back. Our first goal is to gully fund our IRA. It got me thinking About the things we do to save money. I want to write it so our kids know what we went through to be successful. Ever since I got married I had a big desire to know how to handle my money better. It started small and I make changes often but I have been impressed with what we have been able to save even though we have never made much money. 


Ways we Save Money

We drink only water, milk only for cereal in morning.  No juices, even when we go out the eat.
Swap babysitting 
Sell on Craigslist to raise money for new things
We paint furniture to make it look new
Share meals when we go out to eat/go where kids eat free
Price match at Walmart
Buy used on craigslist
We don't buy cleaning supplies
We don't go out to movies
We don't buy candy
We sell stuff on craigslist
We eat at home
We use coupons and ask for discounts
Swap babysitting
Invest in activities, not toys
Wear things out
Simplify life
We are not brand loyal
Save on laundry soap by cutting it in half and using baking soda instaed
Make own bread
Track expenses
Never buy pop
Use library for books
buy diapers on black Friday
ASK for handmedowns
Get coupons from Starbucks
Tyson cuts his own hair
Stay near our house during the week
Buy in bulk so we don't shop often
Freeze milk, used half milk half powder
We don't buy clothes more than once a year 
Tyson fills up his tank just enough to get the free "soda with purchase "

I want my kids to remember that success happens very slowly and usually you can't even feel it. I'm grateful for the things we have learned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment