Thursday, June 5, 2014

Potty training

Well we did it. Sydney is potty trained. I was so so scared. Melissa trained Kerynn in three days and I was amazed and it gave me the motivation I needed. 

Since I was starting to work from home I realized that it had to happen soon. Almost out of nowhere I got the energy and guts to do it. So it took Sunday Monday and Tuesday. Melissa watched London on Monday and Ty was home the other days. 

We got all the supplies and I said a prayer. Sunday we stayed home from church and I just followed Sydney around all day and asking "tell mommy when you have to go potty ". We had about 10 accidents that first day. I was so so tired after. I even took a nap! 

The second day we had six  accidents. We kept giving lots of drinks to make sure she had lots of practice. We caught four tries and one poop. I was actually more sad the second day because she never said anything and I was scared it was going to be too hard after the three days but I kept going. 

The third day Sydney woke up super defiant. Any time I would say the line she said NO and ran away but miraculously we had no accidents. I got great at seeing the signs. The fourth day went better and the fifth day she came and TOLD us "potty" and then ran to the bathroom.

Night times are still hard. She has wet the bed every night but Melissa says no pull ups so we are limiting drinks and getting a mattress cover. So at 33 months Sydney is trained. I was so scared and it was really hard work but she did it. We keep saying how proud we are because she is "dry and clean" and it really helps her. We are so proud of her and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment