Monday, September 28, 2015

Children's Hospital Visit




After two weeks - Sydney was still throwing up, still sick, still not eating, still not sleeping. We had already gone to the Childrens Hospital but she was not getting any better. 

So Wednesday morning I woke up early and decided I needed to take her in. Tyson took London to Goddard and I got Sydney to the ER. She threw up twice in the room and they started her on IV's. It was really sad to see her hurt because of the needles. I know how I scared I am because of shots and my heart goes out for her. Well after 5 hour they said her blood liver counts were higher. So we were admited. They took us to a new room. Sydney slept well most of the day. She hated the nurses coming in to check on her - the nurses BTW were AMAZING! This si why I love the Childrens Hospital. They just know families and kids. I feel so blessed to have them. 

Well the night was pretty uneventful. Sydney refused to eat. She was given an enema but not pooping. We did chest X rays and tummy xrays. All they could see was that Sydney was constipated. They gave her Miralax to help her go to the bathroom. They discovered she had Apera-Influenza - so a nasty case of the flu. They still had no idea what she was throwing up.

The next morning they took more blood and her liver levels were still a little high but they had ruled out the big desieses. We waited a little longer to see if she could hold down jello or toast. Sydney was is MUCH brighter spirits now - she wanted to go on walks and watch movies and even eat blue popcicles. It was good to see her back to her old self again. 

After nap we decided we needed to go home. We were discharged and told she needed miralax once a day - so that is what we are doing. This morning she went to school, had a great time and today she has been great. 

We are SO thankful for all the good nurses and staff. I am so thankful for insurance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment