Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Sydney @ 5 Years Old




My sweet Sydney,

You are 5 years old! You made me a mom. You threw daddy and I on this crazy parenting thing. 

Now here we are ... 5 years later. I am so excited to see you be 5! You are such a little girl now. You are my biggest helper, my biggest worries, my biggest worrier. You have this ability to worry and care about others. This last year you have changed. You are so much more even keel, you can process things better, you reason better. Everyone said that 5 was the magic number and it's so true! 

We can actually talk together now. We can chat about things and we can talk about  what makes you happy or sad or what you are excited about. You remember things. You have certain preferences and you have such strong opinions. I love that about you. Many people have said that you have such a strong personality - and it's true. You are strong, you are sweet, you are caring, you are smart, you are creative.

You have really loved creating this year. You love crafts and making cards and putting on shows, you love dressing up and pretend play. Abby is your best friend. You could spend hours and hours playing. You also love to be outside. You love jumping on the trampoline with me and daddy. 

Oh, and you LOVE riding your bike. Abuelita got you  new one - but only because you ran your other to the ground! You love riding it to the park, the school, around the block - you love it all. You love to go fast and downhill. 

You love reading. We read every night. You love reading chapter books and can follow a story. You love to pretend you read and you love school. You are going a little longer now and really like all the little things you learn and do at school. 

Happy birthday my sweet Sydney. I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment