Sunday, September 2, 2018

Goodbye August









August has come and gone! It's been such a fun month. The girls are totally transitioned to school. It took almost 2 weeks but now Sydney drops off and picks up London from her class and they walk home together - heaven! I just stand in the backyard and see them get to class and come home. It's been amazing. One thing that has been working well for us this time is that right after school the girls have snack and we don't watch shows until 430. During that time, I don't work, I am not on my phone - honestly, I am just there. I usually lay around the coach and the girls naturally gravitate toward me and we talk about our day. That was my goal - to just be present and available for them. 

I have also started to teach the girls simple dice and card games - which gives us something to do during that hour. So far we like Crazy 8, slap jack and War. As the girls are getting bigger I really want to connect and have fun in different ways. 

Sydney has been non stop on her bike. Since she learned to ride without training wheels a few weeks before school started - she just can't get enough. We are working on getting her a bigger bike - since her current one is just too small. 

London is really liking Mrs. Hoff. I think she is perfect for London's personality. I see that London usually loses her mind by Friday - she is just so tired and really drained. So we try to keep after school brain free and just fun for the first hour. We have taken advantage of the weather and ride our bike a lot as a family. Usually Tyson in frot with London in the cargo bike - Then Sydney - and me behind her. It's been neat to teach Sydney how to ride safely. 

This morning Tyson woke up sick and so he did not come to church - but Sydney had a story of this week where she lost two of her shopkins. So she prayed for help to find them - after a few minutes of looking - she found both of them and said a Thank you prayer. She told me - God wanted to help me mom. 

It makes my heart happy to see her building a love of God and prayer. God has been in my life and has always guided me - I just pray my girls find and keep a relationship with God and Jesus. 

For Labor day weekend we will probably hit a parade and some fairs. I love the slightly cooler weather and starting to see the leaves fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment