Monday, July 28, 2008

4th of July Weekend


After attending the annual Gerber Family Reunion - I have a different view of the phrase "red neck". The annual reunion is held at the cabins in Bear Lake. Tyson and I headed to Logan July 3rd. We first went to the Logan Stadium of Fire. We saw the fireworks right from the stadium. Ty and I ran from five blocks away to find Debbie, and of course both our phones were dead. Luckily we found Debbie and shared a blanket with Strat and Loren.




The next day we headed to the Go-Kart course and I preceded to waste all the boys! After we had a BBQ with Brian and Emily Halley. We played with the kids in a round around swing set - Brian made at least four kids cry. We had great food and were able to relax with our team.





Saturday, July 5th, we headed to Bear Lake to the Gerber Family Reunion. See here for pics.

I loved our 4th of July weekend. It was the first time that Ty and I got to relax for months. We spent time chatting with Nyla and learned about family history. Dave also let us find Jupiter and its moons on Saturday night with a telescope. We went to church on Sunday and it was packed. After church, we had fantastic ribs and relaxed. I don't know what it is about Bear Lake, but Tyson always recharges here. Its beautiful, quiet and reminds you of what life is really about. We love Bear Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment