Sunday, September 20, 2009

Scones Parties




Recent goal: Learn how to make great scones from scratch.

Update: Complete.

Believe it or not, I think I may have broken the curse of killing yeast, thus never being able to make anything that had to do with bread. Most people don't see this as a problem, but you see I have a Bosch. This is a piece of equipment that are made for chefs - and since I kill yeast I am dishonoring all chefs of the past.

A sweet girl from my ward puts together "scone parties" and invites the entire ward over. It's cheap, easy but SOOO fun. I want that. I love to entertain but lets face it -I can't shell out the tab just quite yet. So the solution is scones! Today was another of her "scone parties" and I made sure I got there first. I sat Harmony down and begged for her to teach me how to make them. She gave me the recipe, put an apron on me and taught me. I fried every single last scone - it rocked. So what does Martha do now?

Go home and make a big plate for her family. My brothers were amazed. We had scone sandwiches for dinner and scones with jam and honey for dessert.

I. Rock.

Even though I just outsmarted my yeast killing curses - I still want a bread maker to help me make actual dough and actual bread. I'm letting Santa know already ;)

6 comments:

  1. I'll trade you the bread secret for the scone one! Seriously - we make a lot of our bread and I have a perfect recipe that you couldn't mess up in your BOSCH and that you make in the oven. YUM! PS The Utah Deals Deva is coming to my house to talk about coupons if you haven't seen her presentation you are more than invited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am impressed! Maybe you should post the recipe- it has been awhile since I have made scones. Sounds great right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a better bread maker you would be unstoppable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With a better bread maker you would be unstoppable!!

    ReplyDelete