Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Lame

Tonight did not turn out like it was suppose to. Tyson and I came up with this brilliant idea to host a late holiday party - you know the kind that is last minute, super fun but not stressful? Well everything turned out great expect - oh yeah, no one showed. I get it, I get it ... who's dumb enough to throw a non-family party right before Christmas and expect people to show? Oh wait, yours truly. This is why I hate throwing parties - read it, HATE IT.

Another thing is that I am looking over all my last years goals and sadly, for the first time in many years .... I did not hit all of them. I'm a very goal oriented person and I've been lucky to always hit my goals. I have found that as life gets more "complicated" It's harder to reach goals. Tyson and I have done some pretty amazing things - but most of them are internal growth. My friends are buying homes, getting pregnant, having kids, traveling ... all things that you can see. Ty and I are embarking on some amazing things - but right now only we can see it. I wonder if this is the time that women start to get baby hungry just so they can get something started, prepared for and done. Just kidding.

I get that life is not always exciting, new and bold. I'm learning to stop. look. appreciate. I realize in a couple of years, kids, business and life will probably keep me even from blogging - so I need to take this time and just be grateful.

Tomorrow we head to Logan for Christmas. I love Logan. It's such a special place. Jael and Debbie are there - two women that I just adore.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Hermana... i HATE throwing party.. the preassure...the fear... and really the only party that I ever looked forward to our mom's...and thats because she naturally enjoys it. I wish I could see you in Logan...at las I will see you closer to the New YEar. Love ya! I'm glad you posted... Its nice to read. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete