Friday, January 15, 2010

Denver Explanation

I'm pretty sure by this point the cat is out of the bag. Tyson and I are relocating to Denver, CO. The official move date is February 19th - which is also my birthday. Not sure if I like that or not :)

Now, despite what this may seem like a sudden move - it's not. It's actually more like 6 months in the making.

In a nutshell - It's common practice among Primerica RVP's to open up new areas. Back when Art Williams started the company RVP's were sent all over the USA to stablish offices and to expand this amazing company. As a result there is a Primerica office in every single state. Some of Tyson's heroes have also recently moved and done amazing things - Jeff Fieldsted, Brandon Niel, Steve Stonebraker .... All amazing RVP's who really started to grow when they were faced with a new area. Tyson wants the same thing.

He started talking about the idea back in August and of course I thought he was crazy, but Tyson goes after what he wants. He started doing research on growing areas that were untapped. He called numerous RVP's to get advice and experience wisdom. All signs pointed to a yes.

I remember having a very serious talk to Tyson about moving. I was against it. My family is here. Our friends are here. I wanted to have my first baby here. Tyson came back from the temple and told me that he had a very strong confirmation that we should move. Hesistant I told Tyson that I needed a confirmation - not just him. I remember praying to God and saying "There are so many obstacles to us moving but if you do want us to move - make it happen"

Months went by and miraculously things started to fall into place. An e-mail from Russia, resumes and three calls later - I had a job offer. 15k and four months of repairs - Tyson's place sold.

We visited Denver the week before Christmas. The first night sucked. We were so scared but we stayed. After four days we both felt that THIS was our chance.

As I write this my apartment is a mess of packing boxes, business stuff and memories. If I did not have so many significant signs that this is where we are meant to be I would scared. I'm sad to leave everything I love and know - but I know Tyson and I need to do this. In a weird way I have always dreamed of a crazy adventure like this. Funny how it's all of the sudden here and I hesitate. God is aware of Tyson and I. I'm grateful for what we have accomplished. I'm excited for our growth. So there it is. We leave in less than 4 weeks. Keep your eye on us - we are going to do amazing things!

Here is some pictures of our Denver trip.




















7 comments:

  1. The Lord really does open up pathways when he has a way for you to go. I'm sure it'll be hard at first to move, but I bet you and Tyson will do great in Denver. It's nice to hear the story of why you're moving. Sorry you have to move on your birthday, but just think of it as the first step in your new life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you guys! I love love love Denver and what a great adventure for you. Maybe I'll have to come and visit and we can see Wicked. Lets get together before you move, if you both aren't busy. Good luck packing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your adventure - I am excited to continue following your great successes! Martha - what kind of job did you get that originated with an email from Russia? It's intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH! So so much has happened since we last saw you guys! How stinkin exciting!!! I am of course jealous, but sooo happy for you guys. Please let us know if there is anything we can do! Oh, and also I am goign to have a shower sometime in february, you might be gone or crazy busy, so I completely understand if you can't make it, but I would love to send you an invite! Whats your address? You can just email or text me, thanks!!!

    bayliss85@mac.com
    801.699.6662

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hermana - your faith gives me strength! Your amazing. All your good qualities are something to strive for me. I'm glad you posted pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!! What an amazing adventure this will be for you guys. You will be missed but I am so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Luck! I know you and Tyson will do great out there. Keep us informed and have yourselfs a great adventure!!

    ReplyDelete