Thursday, February 17, 2011

Surprised Birthday Dinner!

My birthday last year was such a blur. We literally filled our truck and drove to Colorado on my birthday. This year my birthday falls on a Saturday and although I won't be getting any big parties I am having a great birthday week.

The 1st thing is the great weather! We are in the 60's baby. Sunday it's suppose to get cold but that's after my birthday. The 2nd fun thing is dinner with the girls. The coolest girls in my ward (12 to be exact) planned a little girls night out in honor of my birthday. The funniest part was that I did not even know about it until Julie Kellis - who is my missionary visits partner in crime - mentioned that she was excited for Thrusday. I was liked "what's thursday?" So Celeste Hutchinson called me that day and made me aware that they needed me there. Tyson was great and took over me studying with some of our teammates so I could go.

We met at Red Robin and had an absolute blast. We talked and talked and talked. We ordered yummy food and I got a free Sunday and an embarrasing song. The girls were super awesome and even paid for my dinner. I did not get home until 10 pm! It was so fun.








I'm so thankful for our ward. This is honestly the first married ward that Tyson and I feel really a part of. Even in our last ward I served in YW but we were such a young couple that we did not have many friends. A weird thing that I noticed when I got home is that I was the only one there without kids - which made me feel old but also excited for the future.

These girls made my night!

No comments:

Post a Comment