Monday, January 27, 2014

Calling

Our friend Sarah and Jay left. We were not only super sad to lose amazing friends but Sarah, who taught the "family" sunday school class needed a replacement. Guess who got it. Me.

I use to LOVE teaching. I've done it for years. Tyson and I talk about how when we first met I was teaching Sunday school and the way I taught was one of the things that attracted him to me. He loved how I spoke with confidence and spoke from the heart. 

Well now I have two babies and most days I feel anything but spiritual. I accepted the calling on condition that I would have a team teacher. Well see how that goes. 

Well today was my first lesson. It was Lesson three in the Old Testament - the Creation. what? Yeah I was anything but thrilled. Still I knew one of my goals was to feel close to God and that teaching was a great way to do it. So I prepared all week. Still this morning I woke up at 630 to prepare. I got to class, set up and started. Oh man, the first 10 minutes was r.o.u.g.h. everyone was silent, I was sweating like a pig, I lost my train of thought. Awful stuff. 

Still, I marched on. God answered my prayers and I was able to think of real life examples, which started comments, which lead to a great lesson at the end. Man I  was happy to have it over with, but I'm also happy I stuck it out. I'm happy I did not back down. I'm happy I prepared. 

So here's to a new calling. I'm sure I will learn alot. 

The pictures below are of that Sunday plus the day Tyson went to the instacare for his throat







No comments:

Post a Comment