Tuesday, April 29, 2014

London Update - 14 months

Lots has happened with our little London. We took her to her 12 month appointment in February and the doctor was concerned because even though  she scooted like crazy but never crawled, or even liked to be on her feet, or walked about the table or anything. So I took both her and Sydney to be evaluated at the Children's hospital in Bloomfield. Both got a two hour evaluation. It was very apparent that London was behind. After the evaluation we found out that she has a "sensory tactile" disorder, which means that she is not comfortable in her own skin and that's why she is not wanting to be on her feet. 

The therapist recommended intense therapy of twice a week. At home they told me to do a special brushing exercise and take off socks and pants. Also there is a waiting list to actually get into the program so they said it would be another TWO months before actually getting in. Sigh. However after three weeks of brushing London is now crawling and walking in my fingers. She has really blossomed! 

London is growing a lot and is talking a lot! She is very social. She is playing with other babies well. London has also become a huge fan of books. she loves loves her BabyBug books and will point and  hoot until I read it. She loves all the little rhymes! She loves to dance and will move her little booty! So cute. 

London is also saying mama, dada, doggie, baby and I think that's it. She is very loud and really loving the wave at people. At church she is very loud and has a hard time actually staying in class. We usually end up walking around the halls a lot which I hate but it is what it is. 

London is also a BIG eater. She usually out eats Sydney. She is also much more open to new foods than Sydney. 

Just this last week I looked at London and she seemed "big" to me. Her face, her little body seems a lot longer. She's growing. It makes me happy and sad at the same time. I'm not a fan of babies, but I see her growing and I see how fun it is when they are a little bit bigger. I love the thoughts of my girls playing together and running together. 

Oh London I feel SO much joy when I'm with you. Your face is adorable and your personality is sweet at candy. There is not a day that goes by that I don't take you out and several people will comment about how adorable you are - and it's true!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment