Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sydney Big Girl Bed

Well it happened! We moved Sydney to a big girl bed. It happened almost by accident and I have AMAZED how well she has been doing. So after the Geronimo's came to visit, Tyson was trying to take apart the white crib that we moved into our room so both girls could sleep. I was out helping Kayla Thompson move and when I came home at 830 Tyson told me he accidently broke the white crib while trying to move it. Yikes!

I was all ready to pull out the playpen but Tyson said "hey lets just put Sydney in her big girl bed." I thought "you are crazy." I've read and read things on switching kids over. Most of them were horror stories about toddler moving too early and then getting up all night or not sleeping. I was so scared and just thought we had until Sydney was three to worry about it. I kept telling Tyson that it was not a good idea but it was already late and we had to do something. So on a scared whim we told Sydney "you are a big girl now and get to sleep in a big girl bed". No running to the store for special sheets, no big ceremony. Just moved her in. It was not how I expected it to happen. So now it's been three weeks and I can honestly say Sydney is doing FANTASTIC. She stays in her bed, she sleeps through the night, she loves it. She sleeps with her baby and conejo bunny. Nap times are a little trickier and I've had to put her down pretty late - between 245 - 3pm. I only let her sleep until 430 so she has enough time to get tired around 8 pm.

Sometimes during her naps she started to get out and open the blinds so I have to go back up and tuck her in. Usually I say "if you stay in your big bed and sleep I will let you watch Dora!" and she usually get SOO excited that she stays put. Sometimes she just sits on her bed and looks at books but will usually get to bed pretty quick and take a nap.

Sydney is growing up and we are so proud of her. I know the next step is potty training and I'm hoping in the late summer we will tackle it.

We are so excited for Sydney's big girl bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment