Tuesday, December 27, 2016

2016 Recap

We are 4 days away from the new year. 

2016 has been such a wonderful year. The biggest success was that we moved into our first home. That has been wonderful in so many ways. I love our home, the look of it, the function of it. I love my small kitchen - it has made me really scale back. I love that we all sleep downstairs, I love my family closet, I love my upstairs and how social it is. I love my office - a real office with a real stand up desk.

There are still little things we need to finish but I am so proud of us for designing a house that gives us the lifestyle we need. I love my neighborhood. We have a REAL one - with sidewalk and mailboxes and parks. Oh how we love the parks. I love that I can walk the library, Khols, the store - and int he summer I spend pretty much all day in our bike. 

I love the people around us. They are good people who are all so different - but so willing to help each other. 
 
Our little house came with a big price - but I am grateful we did it. I would never do it again, but I have learned so much from it. 

Another big mile stone was Tyson leaving ESS. After 4 years of working hard, he was offered 2 promotions - but both were not leading us the to the kind of life we wanted. So we took a risk and he quit! By the grace of God, my clients stayed when I raised my prices and my new client showed up after Lucidity tanked. So many little ways that the Lord showed us that this was the right thing - but man was it scary. RefactorU has taught us so much and yet has been so hard. 

Tyson busted his butt and yet needed to go back. I've learned to cope being on my own so much more. CCAP was recertified and again - the Lord paved the way. 

The girls have really changed this year. Sydney has blossomed into the sweetest little girl. She is so loving and playful. London has so much attitude and spunk and yet she loves to be alone and play with her babies for hours.

It feels like 2016 was a big year to reap the fruit of my work in my business, which is the reason Tyson was able to quit. Who would have ever thought that? That's crazy right - No that's the Lord for you. 

I hope that 2017 proves to be a sowing year for Tyson. That he finds a job that fulfill him and challenges him. I want him close to home - I don't want him to have a long commute - but IF NOT, we will still have faith. The Lord has always looked out for us, even in the midst of trials.  

No comments:

Post a Comment