Sunday, December 31, 2017

New Years Eve 2017

Wow! Another year is passed. 2017 felt different in so many ways. New years eve was church in the morning, then nothing by lounging at home. At 7 pm we went next door to the Blakely's. We had traditional Moldovan food, played minute to win it games. Tyson was amazing and did all the dishes - because he is amazing. Then we played until 930 and then did a "countdown" and went home. 

I loved that it was relaxing and safe. I loved that we played games and stayed in our Pj's. 

I  use to be so freaked out to be "alone" during the holidays - but slowly I am letting go of that and embracing just being alone or with another small family.

I won't lie, the 1st 6 months kicked our butts in every aspect - financially, emotionally, marriage-wise, health-wise, parenting-wise ... it was so hard and so humbling. 

But here we are  - at the end and we have seen so much growth and so many blessings. 

I think the most important changes have been really internal. We did counseling for 6 months and it was so key to help heal our marriage and heal after losing Baby B. Both Tyson and I really had to dig deep and rely on the Lord and humble ourselves to stay together. 

Our marriage was so low and yet I think it was necessary to see that we were faking our commitment - but now we really really do feel committed to the real versions of each other.

Work wise, we really took risk. Tyson was in school and started working at Voltage.  This change has been amazing and SO hard. Tyson has had to do it all himself and there have been many days that have left Tyson wondering if he can really do it. 

The thing that keeps coming to my head as I see him struggle is "God is the gamechanger"

And what I  mean by this is that both Tyson and I often feel like our talents are not up to the task - and there is a lot of truth to that. But GOD is the gamechanger. He can take our sub-par talents and partner with us to make up the difference. He will take all our effort and work and sweat and faith - and make it enough. There is NO way Tyson could have done this by himself - but God is making up the difference. 

I see that in my business. My clients have grown and my clients have made me grow. I feel so humbled. We have many dreams but we know ultimately, God will create what he wants out of our lives.

The girls grew so much in 2017- he grew so much closer to each other. We have learned to love them for who they are and for the challenges they bring.

I finished my Primary time and I am thankful and sad at the same time. We were able to really hit some financial goals and I have continued to see the benefits of minimalism. 

So I am thankful 2017 is over - but will be forever changed by the lessons it taught me. 

Here's to a better 2018 :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment