Saturday, March 21, 2020

Gerbers - Corona Virus Pt. 2

We made it through our first full week at home.

It's been tough.

The girls get sick of school really fast. Sydney is really motivated by games but London just drags and claws her way through the work.

Our saving grace has been two sessions with Elli on Monday and Thursday, being outside and going to get free lunches from the school and stopping by park.

My emotions are all over the place. I feel fine most of the day and then something will happen and I silently cry.

I am focusing on work, and getting some school done everyday. I worry my kids are falling behind - specially London but I guess all kids are behind at this point

It snowed 8 inches on Thursday/Friday. Luckly the girls played outside and Tyson build a slide for them.

Sydney had "activity days" via zoom
Sydney and London and Abby did a zoom Lego challenge
We tried to do a dance party with Jael and Julio's kids (big bust)
Girls built dollhouses our of cardboards

Last night there was talk of a forced shutdown for entire states ... which freaked me out. So we went out and bought extra things

Sticker by numbers
dot to dot
paper
shampoo
pads and tampons
popcorn

All the toilet paper and baby wipes were out so we could not get those.

Going to stores is super stress-inducing. I just go into panic mode. Tyson has been asking "how are you doing" but I mostly just suppress my feelings. I can't feel too much - if not I will break down.

The stock market is crashing but we did put $2500 into each girl account hoping we are buying at a good time. That will probably be it for the year ....

I stopped sending extra payments to the mortgage.

We have not paid taxes yet but I hope we can pay it soon.

I told my kids, that you will be telling your own children, 

"Listen, I grew up during the pandemic of 2020. I couldn't go to school. I couldn't play with friends. All the restaurants were closed, all the businesses were closed. People had to cancel birthday parties, weddings, trips, anniversaries. We rationed our milk and our toilet paper and our bananas. Our dad had to get up at 5:30 AM to go to Walmart and stand in line so he could get the things we needed. We stood in long lines at the grocery store for eggs. My mom homeschooled us and we ate from our emergency food storage and exercised outside and kept at a six-foot distance from anyone. Playgrounds were closed, gyms were closed, library's were closed. 

It is a hard, surreal, bewildering time, but surely, such a unique time in history.





dinner before we started isolating. This was early March












doing yoga as a family

The girls creation






No comments:

Post a Comment