Wednesday, March 18, 2020

The Gerber - Corona Virus Thoughts Pt.1

I wanted to make sure I wrote down our thoughts and dealing with the Corona Virus of 2020.

I have to say this totally took us by surprise. We really thought 2002 was going to be such a year for us. But life quickly changes. 

I first remember hearing about the virus in China in January. I felt bad for everyone but it felt so far away. 

Well things quickly changed in early March - when we got the first case in the US. 

Then the week of March 6th - EVERYTHING changed. We had our first cases in Colorado. At this point Washington, San Francisco and New York were getting hit really hard. 

By March 9th, within 2 days Colorado was in a state of emergency, schools were closed, people freaking out and buying all the toilet paper. 

We were informed that our schools were closed on 3/12 that our schools were closing and now we are doing remote learning. 

So yeah, we were freaking out. Mostly because the idea of working AND homeschooling sounds horrible. General Conference canceled, church canceled, all activities canceled. Restaurants closed. 

Literally, in 15 days - the whole country shut down. 

We did our first ever "church at home" on Sunday. We all changed, we prepared a talk, we did the sacrament. It was such a weird experience. I wish I could say the spirit was super strong - but honestly, it really was not, but I was proud of us for staying strong and doing church. 

We are in day 3 of "home schooling" and it's been so weird. Sydney has done great but London has really struggled. 

We are getting the hang of doing everything in the Chrome Books. There are days that I am super depressed and some days I feel like I can do this. our saving grace has been going out for bike rides, walks. Sadly the next two days it's suppose to be SUPER cold and I am so sad. So tomorrow we will have to bundle up and really get warm before going outside. 

To also top it off - we just found out that Utah had a earthquake and my entire family felt it. I also so sad to hear that our house needs to have the foundation fix and it will cost about 7K. 

Adulting feels SOOOO heavy right now. Everything feels like we are frozen. 

And yet I am hopeful and I feel like the Lord is helping us. Part of me is in disbelief that this is even happening. It feels like we are part of a movie - but this is REAL life. The real point that all normalcy is gone. How I wish I could go to the store and NOT worry about being enough food. Luckely, we have enough food and enough toilet paper to last us for a few weeks ... I am trying to NOT worry about the future, but to stay present and stay positive. 



This is history in the making. It's just been crazy. 












Home Church Program


No comments:

Post a Comment