Monday, October 22, 2007

Getting Married ... Awesome!






For our first post, I wanted to recap my awesome wedding day. For those of you not able to attend I wanted to make sure you got a little flavor of our wedding. Having a 10-week engagement, wedding planning was stressful to say the least, but in the end we made it with shinning stars. Some things the kept my sanity:




1. My sister. She was the best maid of honor I could ask for.


2. Kaitlin - Our wedding planner. She made the day so smooth. I can't believe I almost got married without her! :)


3. My mom. Although she did not plan the wedding, she was there when tension where high and made everything better.


4. Tyson - I honestly believe that if you can make it through being engaged, in-laws, flowers and cake colors - you know you have something special. Tyson is the most patient man alive and made life joyfull during our stressful planning time.




We got married July 27, 2007 at 1 pm in the Salt Lake Temple. It was beautiful . Having our family and friends so close made the world spin a little slower. We had a fun wedding dinner the night before at Leatherbees and the fun just stayed during our wedding day.




After the temple and hundreds of pictures we headed to the White House in Bountiful. We held a beautiful ring ceremony with Chenille Saunders singing a solo and words from our bishop. Then the party started! In between greeting guest and family pictures Kaitlin took Tyson to the back and fed us a plate of our yummy food - heaven sent! The dancing started and would not stop! We had the roof shaking and people with their hands in the air. All the groomsmen delighted us with a special "YMCA" dance and really got the party started. We had the lights on the rooftop on, the air was fresh and time just seemed to stop. My favorite part of the dance was the beginning dance of "Tiempo De Valtz" a traditional hispanic song and dancing with Grampa Gerber :)




Finally at 11:30 Tyson and I were so tired. We got changed and waited for our final exit. My sister arranged for 200 sparkler candles to be lit as we exited. What a treat! The best get-a-way ever. With cans attached to our little Susuki Sidekick we headed off to the Grand America for our first night. We could not have asked for a better wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment