Monday, March 3, 2008

Update


The job hunt continues, and although Ty and I are seriously thinking about keeping me home (that's another blog in itself)I had the funniest interview last week.

Thanks to my amazing bishopric, I had two interviews last week and two this week; however I also had one with the University of Utah. ***Note: the position read "Executive Communications Coordinator/Assistant"***. I got to the building and automatically knew there was something weird. They instructed me to enter through a door that read "Rodent Deliveries Only" (strike one)

I was led to a cinder block makeshift office that was home to THREE assistants (strike two.) Once I was finally in the interview I asked exactly what the position required and the once cool "Executive Communications Coordinator/Assistant" turned into the Universities animal ordered. Basically I would order all the animals (rats, bunnies, dogs, cats ... etc) that are used for research ... and yes PETA hates that department. Here's is the kicker. I would also be in charge of the adoption program for any remaining living animals (STRIKE THREE!)

I came home, told Ty and we both laughed about it the rest of the day. Needless to say, IF they offer me the position, I will let my PETA loving genes decline.

On a more serious note. This last week has been such a humbling experience.
1. I have a lot more respect for my husband. Seeing Ty in action with PFS exposes me to the hardships of running a business. You can't leave your business at the door when you get home and yet Ty is so happy, patient and loving every time we are together.
2. Heavenly Father is always in charge.
3. Trials happen to everyone. Whether they be physical, financial or in relationship.
4. When you fall, get up and work harder.

I'm grateful for my husband, my family and for a loving Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were job hunting too! Isn't job hunting horrible? Well, the fact that you've had interviews means you're having more success than I am so far. Good luck and I hope we both have jobs soon!

    ReplyDelete