Thursday, February 28, 2008

If Its Isn't Obvious ...

Once there was a family. This family had A LOT of debt. Family meets with great financial planner. Planner proposed a fantastic solution to all their debt plus their home (which by the way had a MONSTROUS balloon payment at the end.) Family wants to move forward. All is well. WRONG! Some people would rather take advice from people more broke than they are when it comes to finances. It still amazes me how many people won't change for the better for the sake of being accepted by other poor people.

Americans just don't understand money. "Not me you say ... I have things under control." According to this, you don't.

Please don't think that I'm ignorant to the fact that some people do manage their money, in fact, I hang around with them ALL day. Sadly, I also visit too many families that are dangerously ignorant about money and whats worse - they think they know it all. PLEASE!!! Do yourself a favor and take advice from people that are in better positions - I didn't say drive the nicest cars, that's another topic on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment