Thursday, March 5, 2009

Success is Not An Accident

This. Is. A. Great. Book.

It was recommended by one of the top trainers in the company and I bought it out of sheer obedience. Glad I did. It has all the qualities of a great book 1. Simple to read 2. Straight to the point 3. Exercises along the way 4. Great quotes 5. Simple concepts. I am almost done after three weeks of reading it at night. Just yesterday the simple concept of "Self-talk"really hit me. So many times we don't even realize what we are "thinking" all day. Newberry talks about how the vision that is constantly lurking in our minds - will become a reality. It made me think about my vision. Was it big enough? Strong enough? Your vision can include everything that really means something into your life. I put the book down, closed my eyes and imagined my "perfect day." It was incredible. It felt so real, almost as if I could touch it.

Some say this hooky - to that Newberry says its the lack of vision. Weird people are rich - cool people are broke. Simple concept right? But it's true. I'm grateful for my small condo - but my BIG vision.

The book at $7 on amazon - worth a read.

1 comment: