Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fight or Flight

Tonight turned out unexpectedly great. Tyson was double booked with appointments. So I went. I was terrified. Let me repeat, t.e.r.r.i.f.i.d.e. I remember hating the fact that Tyson was double booked. Still I knew what I had to do.

Back in 08.2008 we were in Georgia for the massive Primerica conference. It was life changing. Tyson and I snuck down to the bowl and heard the most inspiring words in my young 24 year old life. I was filled with this hope for what our life could be. I resolved to do whatever I could to be a great wife and partner. Fast forward two year. I am fully licensed. I run the office. I train agents. I input FNA's. All of it I love, except going on appointments. I get scared. I fear rejection. Gee I guess I'm just normal.

The key though - is that I still do it despite my fear. I do it not just for Tyson, but to prove to Martha that I can. I can do anything I really set my mind to do. I am strong. I can move to Colorado and be successful. I can be a great wife. I can be a great mother. Success is not a single event - but a many little moments put together.

Tonight I had success. I came home and Tyson was so proud. He knew worse case - he could count on me. I'm grateful to have conquered my fear of 2.10.2012. Even if it was just a small one. I walked out and said a prayer in my heart and thought "for if God is with me, who dares stands against me".

btw: I closed the sale. That always helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment