Friday, February 5, 2010

Will the packing ever end?


T-minus 12 days. Our house is almost packed. We are running out of clothes since most of them are packed, we are down to certain staple foods and we are not buying any new groceries.

The last couple of weeks have been a blur. juggling the office, appointments, packing, transferring licenses and switching address has taken a ton of time. Tonight I got to spend with Melynda. I heart Melynda. Truly a friend that just gets me. We talk about everything and anything. Tonight we discussed couponing, paying off a house, kids, funny videos, family drama - really anything. All I know is that I always feel great after being with her. Her sweet boys know Tyson and I. It's sad to know I won't see them for a while. We had breakfast for dinner. I'll miss that.

Melynda is expecting her first baby girl - Elisabeth. I'm sad I won't be here to see here, but you better believe I will be calling a lot.

People have asked if I'm scared. I guess I'm over that stage. I have late night stomach pits that wonder if we are just too crazy. Then I stop and pray. I always feel better. I have a great dream of what I want this move to look like - I'm sure God has a different plan. Still, I can't help but think that things will be better than I ever expected. I'm moving into a smaller place, so late nights consist of creative ways to fit into our new 700 sq. apartment.

Tyson bought a new computer and printer for our new office. He got a great deal and got the most ginormous screen ever ... he is just giddy. Tonight he attended a training by Phil Cochrane. We are so lucky to have such great mentors.

This week I learned to mend Tyson's suit in my sewing class - it's alot harder than I thought. Sewing has been a cool experience - can't say that it's a passion, but more of a cool skill. Next week I graduate and learn to follow a pattern.

Nothing outside of that is really happening. I just want to remember this time in my life - when nothing seems impossible.

3 comments:

  1. My dearest Hermana - As tough as I think I am... I decided yesterday after we hung out that I'm not. It hit me(Tears and all) , as I 'm sure it will as we spent our last weekend together and as I visit SLC - It will be sad not to have plans to hang out with you.

    I thought about the many times I left YOU... With Pest control... With Logan...So I guess now I get to experience it first hand :) Sad that I wasted that summer away from you!!

    Don't get me wrong, I'm super exited for you!! I think this will be a great adventure for you (Miss I've neved lived farther than 20 minutes from home) But It will be hard not to have my super sweet talented sister to be there for me!

    Either way I love you... Thank you for your faith! Your truely are a GREAT example to live by. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you taking a sewing class - that is something I really need to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys will be fine in CO, just think, it's only a 50 minute flight home! We are almost to 4 hours each flight now and it SUCKS!

    ReplyDelete