Monday, August 2, 2010

Utah Trip




My super quick trip to Utah was fantastic. Maybe it was the spontaneity of it all, but I felt tons more at home this time than last time when we went back for the May big event. Melissa and I left around 11 am, arrived at 8 pm. Julio took me out to dinner and Martin took my mom out. It was so sweet. We talked alot about dating, girls, the right way and wrong way to do things. I have to admit I came down on Martin pretty harshly. I feel like when I can pin him down that I need to input as much Gospel advice as I can.

After dinner at the Training Table, mom took us out to ice-cream at Artic Circle. We walked in the warm summer night and talked about how we were all really "grown up" but at the same time, still the same as we were 10 years ago.

Julio and I stayed up past midnight talking girls, Gospel, futures, being good with money ... you name it. I see Julio grow in so many areas. I'm so pleased!

I woke up at 8 am, got ready and met Melissa at 10 am. We were on the road. We got to Denver at 6 pm.

16 hours of driving in one 24 period. Yeah we are crazy. The funniest part was when I needed to go the potty and we stopped at a rest stop. Well the rest stop were NOT regular toilets. They were holes. I refused to go in holes. Literally I ran out of the bathroom into bushes. Melissa said I was freak. I don't blame her.

I came home and was so happy to just be with Ty. Tomorrow I head to girls camp. I'm excited for the experience and for it to be done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment