Sunday, April 15, 2012

New Toy

Our friends the Scottorns got a similar toy two weeks ago - Karynn loves it and she is exactly three weeks older than Sydney. Sydney has started more and more to be on her feet and not on her back, so our little play mat wasn't working too well. I started looking on craigslist cassualy one day and viola! A great bouncer/exersaucer! Best part was the price. Originally $100. I got it for $25. It was sweet. Getting the thing home was another story. First the seller lived by the airport, which is 45 minutes away. No biggie. I jumped in my car at 7:30 am the next day and headed down with my trusted google maps directions. Everything was going well except that I missed my exit because some semi on an ego-trip decided to cut me off. urg. So got off the freeway. Back on the freeway and on my way. My map said exit 56th, 2nd exit. I saw exit 56th but not the "2nd" exit, so I kept driving until I realized I missed it. Not a big deal except it was nothing but 10 miles until the DIA airport. I could not find an exit go let me turn around. I drove 7 miles before I could find an exit. I turned around finally started on the right path. I got off the exit and found her house. Then I looked at the clock and realized it was 8:30 - tyson had to be at work by 9 and I was 45 minutes away. I quickly called Danielle Siagel from our ward, she rescude us and watched Sydney while Tyson left for work and I made it back home. It was a long morning. The only thing that makes it worth it is that Sydney really really loves it. The things we do for our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment