Friday, May 11, 2012

Sydney and Grandma








I always assumed that Sydney got her color from Tyson - she is sooo white and has big eyes. Part of me felt sad that she got nothing from me. It wasn't until my mom came over that I realized that
Sydney not only got looks from my side - but is the long lost child of my mom!
I loved how sweet my mom was with Sydney. They bonded really fast even though Sydney had not seen her since she was 8 weeks old. Sydney looks just like my mom. The big eyes, the little mouth, the little nose - she really is all her, which in turn means she is me. It made me feel so much better.
We are planning on heading to Utah for a week in July. Sydney will be so big then - 9 months. I bet she will even be possibly crawling. My sweet baby is growing up. Mornings are still our favorite. I can't get over how happy Sydney is when she gets up. She makes little coos letting us know she is up around 7 am. We go in there and we are greated with my happiest, smiliest baby. It melts my heart. She comes to bed with us from 7-8 am and we just play, sing and hang out. We love it. Probably something we will continue doing with our future kiddos.
Tyson always said that even though Sydney did not look like me - she had my determination and focus inside. Well she not only looks like her Grandma, but if she is lucky enough to have her drive, determination and fun personality, she will one lucky girl for sure.

2 comments:

  1. You have been busy blogging! I loved reading all of your recent posts. Sydney is such a beautiful baby and, I agree, she does look a lot like your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks just like your mom - who doesn't look old enough to be a grandma - definitely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete