Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter 2016

Easter was really great today. 

Tyson was up at 5 am to work on his big presentation coming up in April. The girls got up at 645 and loved finding their Easter Eggs hidden inside the house. I could hear them stomping upstairs. 

They came down to me at 7 am and told me to get up :) We hid the eggs again downstairs and they loved finding them. 

London has been binkie free for 3 days! I asked her three nights ago if she wanted to give me her binkie in exchange for Ice cream. She first said yes, but then said no, then I told her she would have to sleep alone if she had her binkie. She cried for me to come back into the room - when I did, she had her binkie extended out to me and I took it and she feel sleep with me in bed. 

At first I thought it was a fluke, but the next day we went for ice cream and celebrated London being a "big" girl who no longer needs her binkie. The 2nd night Tyson bribed her with donuts the next day - which totally worked. Well tonight there was not  bribe, just rocking. She was great. She wanted to talk longer but she feel sleep while I was rocking her. 

I can't tell you how happy I am to be done with the binkie stage - but part of me is slightly sad. London is our last baby and she is so sweet. I am so proud of her for growing up though. I've always felt excited for my kids to grow up. 

Anyway, we went on a walk in the morning, then we came home, ate lunch and got ready for church. 

Sydney and London sang Getheseme in sacrament and Sydney kept giving us a thumbs up. Too cute. London just wanted to stand there. 

Primary was great, but I did sneak into Sunday School and boy was it a good lesson. I felt the spirit very strongly. It was something I needed. I also attended the woman's conference the night before and felt the spirit there. To me the spirit feels like a my heart is swelling and leaves me very teary eyed. I've learned to accept this is how the spirit is telling me that something is "good or true"

We got home and Kimber joined us for Easter Dinner. We had ham, mashed potatoes and salad - it was pretty yummy. 

So now it's 8:30 pm - everyone is in bed. I did about an hours work to catch up and now writing down. 

Tyson has been nonstop since we got  back from Cancun. We are grateful for the chance to prove ourselves but I am also very cautious that we don't get caught up in "titles" that we sacrifice too much family time. I feel very strongly that money will never compensate with family time lost. Justtonight Sydney was crying to Tyson about "who will marry me? and asked if Tyson could marry her ..." 

It's moments like these that remind me that Tyson's place in the family is so needed and so strong. He can do more for our girls than I ever could. This Easter, I am grateful for him. I am grateful for Jesus. I need Jesus - he love and forgiveness when I mess up in life, he undying faith in me. I need Jesus and I am so grateful I have him in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment