Friday, June 6, 2008

Food Storage


The recent news on this has made me really shape up my food storage. Truth be told I have always thought food storage was for old women who had nothing better to do than to can for hours at a time. I was wrong. The recent months have given me really good cause and inclination to start and maintain my food storage. Since my mother-in-law is amazing, she has helped me order dry milk, cheese, beans, rice, butter ... everything. Ty and I have gone as far as stuffing our bed bottoms with toilet paper and extra soup cans. Crazy? Perhaps, but the truth is that if you look around, our food supply is not flourishing. Just a month ago, my faithful parents entered Costco go buy their six months worth of rice, and Costco was out! The price of bread has jumped 13% since January alone. Part of me wants to think that everything will be OK, but the other part makes me want to get ready just in case.

The funny thing is that people thing that food storage is only for disasters or Armageddon. The truth is that many of my friend, including me, used food storage for the loss of a job, bad weather, Illness or just when money is tight. I believe our Leaders are warning us to prepare for hard time and folks we are in HARD times. Ty and I meet families that are force to credit card a gallon of milk, bread, eggs ... the simple stuff. There are many great web sites that educate people on food storage. Check these out.

No comments:

Post a Comment