Friday, June 6, 2008

Joseph Smith Movie Date



One of the many benefits of owning a business is being able to control your time. Yesterday Ty and I accompanied Straton and Lauren to see the Joseph Smith restoration movie downtown. We caught the 4:30 showing. Regardless of what religion you are,I feel that anyone with a heart would shed a tear or two in this movie. Joseph Smith suffered so much for what he believed in. Living in a society were few stand up for their beliefs, some may make it seem normal. The reality is that we live in a country were many courageous individuals would not budge from their beliefs. I wish I could say that I have never backed down in a moment of weakness or temptation. I can't. I have dropped my standards on occasion to enjoy what seemed at the time "popular" or "cool". Seeing that movie made me realize that success comes from laying down at night and knowing you have not gone against your better self.

Tyson and I had great chat on the way home. I feel so blessed to be part of a religion that does not conform to what is cool. Standards are standards. I love that the church does not back down in the middle of persecution. How would it be if ever great concept was shut down due to a weak backbone? I feel the same about our business. PFS was started in 1977 to correct an injustice! Families are still being lied to and robbed everyday be hungry salesman not willing to educate. I'm so proud of being part of something that makes me uncomfortable. I'm growing. I would suggest revisiting this movie if you get the chance to.

2 comments:

  1. We will have to go check out that movie. I haven't been down there for a while. Way to go on your food storage. I started mine years ago, but I still have a lot to do! I haven't been to the Cheesecake Factory here-I did go in Vegas. I guess we have just been waiting for the hype to settle so we don't wait for 5 hours to get in. Was your wait bad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. People should read this.

    ReplyDelete