Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Lazy Bum


I have to confess, I had a lazy day today and it made me feel AWFUL!! We visited my parents and I got glued to the TV for several hours. I think it's a combo of not having a TV at our condo and also just going 100 miles an hour. Well today was my "lazy" day and I feel ever worse tonight then I did this morning. Don't get me wrong - relaxing is a very important time in life , but I got home feeling like BLOOG! Looking back I should have watched TV for an hour and then gone to work out, or clean my place or do my laundry to go look for desk for our home office ... SOMETHING! but instead I just laid there. I'm more disappointed in myself. I feel that I have worked very hard to let go of my non-productive habits and yet one small slip and I'm back.

Thankfully I'm married to Tyson, who not only listens to me but really tries to understand. He reassured me that everything will be OK and that it's good to learn from my mistakes. Oddly enough I write more to vent than to let the whole world know how imperfect I am. There is a strange beauty to really writing down your fault and seeing them for what they are - a work in process. I am a huge "work in process" but I'm so grateful for the chance to work and change for the better.

It's sad to think that there are people that come home from work, eat and watch TV all night ... that's it. They live for the weekends and dread Mondays. I caught a glimpse of that lifestyle tonight and I am forever grateful that it does not capture my life.

2 comments:

  1. Martha, I totally had the same kind of moment when we just stayed in a hotel on Sundaym and watched TV there. It's funny not having a TV, because you really forget how people can watch it so often, but then when you get around a TV it sends little brain darts at you that make you into a TV zombie.

    I think the biggest part in improving is getting out of denial/realizing what it is you want to improve, so you're already practically there! (in being amazing, which you are, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome to notice...one day isn't so bad when you look at all you usually accomplish so give yourself a break but I do understand that it can still make you feel crappy when there are so many other things you could have gotten done. Seems I notice how lazy I was yesterday when the next day is super crazy busy AND I decide to do laundry, pay bills, run errands etc.. when I could have easily done them the day before and not stressed myself out!! You guys are great just don't let the prospecting/apt setting get procrastinated very often...it's what keeps everything else going (though none of us are perfect) keep kickin butt:)

    ReplyDelete