Friday, January 16, 2009

Gargoza

My new calling is testing me - and not in the ways I am used to. I feel like the awckard girl in the midst of a big group. I'm not the typical leader but I'n not under 18 - I'm just there. Tyson is super supportive. I had an appointment on Wednesday that meant I could not attend mutual - well it canceled at the last minute so I ran to the church just in time to catch the group. We headed up to Gargoza, where they give you rides up the hill and all you have to worry about it sledding down. fast. alot. I was starving since I thought I would have dinner when I got home, so the deep fried donuts were heaven. The entire way there I was feeling weird - I did not have much to discuss with the girls or even the leaders. I did the regular "How's school?", "how is your family?" "was Christmas fun?" ... ugh. It felt like a blind date. After the first hour I finally started to loosen up and actually be myself and guess what? The girls actually started to talk to me. We talked about college and dating and shopping. For the first time I actually felt a connection - shallow as it may be - but a connection! I came home and felt great. Tyson asked me how it was and for the first time I could actually say "good" and not have it be phony. This week is Stake Conference so I don't have to worry about teaching.

I can't believe we are half way through January already. In less than 30 days I will be flying to the Bahamas. I am actually looking for a cute new swimsuit and can't wait to take out the flip flops and capris. Ty is headed to Logan today for an appointment and I really want to go - but I promised Stef I would go to her party and I would not be going except she is moving to California and I'm afraid I would regret missing it.

3 comments:

  1. I hear ya! It is kind of weird stage to be in - married no kids and serving in church - you are inspiration - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I fit makes you feel any better when I taught sunday school for the first time I felt like i had been launched back into highschool. All my insecurities came out like a blinding light. Last sunday I felt a little better, the girls seem to be warming up. I am actually glad to hear this from you, I thought I was the only one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'm in love with your background

    ReplyDelete