Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Years

Again I have not had time to post pics - but they exist. New Years eve was awesome. As normal, my mom threw the biggest bash. We had prime rib, salad, rice, mash potatoes, and tons of appetizers. We hung out the family, danced and had a great time. I had an appointment on New Years day and so I was worried about that all night - the result. I was exhausted and fell asleep on my brothers bed by 11 pm - dress, make up on and hair still done. I was "out" as my little bro would say. I woke up early January 1st. Call me crazy but the first day of 2009 Ty and I got a new agent and did a big roll over - so this year will be our best ever!!!

It's funny because this new year is already a blur. Friday I ran the office, then went bowling with my family. Saturday we trained our agents, headed to Logan for an appointment and got home around midnight. Today I taught my first lesson in Young Women .

Tangent - those of you that know me would never see me as "shy", however today I was so scared. I had nightmares that I would forget my lesson, get to church half naked and have bad breath. Ridiculous. The funny thing was that when I got up there, I looked at one of the leaders and she motioned that I had some thing on the side of my mouth. ON FAST SUNDAY?! How is that even possible? Anyway, after reclaiming my dignity I taught. The spirit was present and the president said I did "fantastic". Sigh. This calling is testing me. Testing me in ways I have never experienced. I'm honestly scared, but not giving up. This is where I am meant to be. I've never been a quitter, my mom taught me that.

After church (which bytheway now starts at 9 am) I had meetings. Tyson made me some amazing spaghetti and I slept for an hour. We visited Kellen and did our team conference call.
I had my 09 goals written about a month ago. I have a copy on my desk, my bathroom, my shower, my planner. I love goals. 2008 was a fantastic year. I never would have imagined this much success, happines, strenght and support. I forever grateful at the blessings in our lives. I recognize the source. I strive to do the right things for the right reason. So here's to 2009 - may it be the year that the Lord wants us to have.

2 comments:

  1. Your right, I do have more picturs. I posted them on facebook, i'll have to post again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how driven you guys are!!! You should be very proud of all the things you guys accomplish in life. YOU BOTH ROCK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete