Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration 2009

I'm not big in to politics. Most people aren't; however I can realize a history making moment when I see one. 01.20.09 was one of them. Don't get me wrong, I voted for the other guy, but I would not miss yesterday to save my life. I watched the entire thing while getting caught up on work at the office (thanks heavens for high speed internet.)The amount of human flesh in one arena was striking and Of course our new president never lets us down with his speeches. I was uplifted and inspired. I love how he can make our gloomy situation seem almost like a game. It reminded me of WWII and how mom's lefts homes to work in factories to make bullets, families saved grease for the military ... It was that same spirit. I'm honestly excited for 2009. It will be our best year ever - both financialy, family wise, spiritually.

I'm glad I was part of this. I know I will talk to my kids about this when they are in school. Here's to our new president, heaven knows he enters in the midst of chaos. He needs all of our support.

"This is the journey we continue today. We remain the most prosperous, powerful nation on Earth. Our workers are no less productive than when this crisis began. Our minds are no less inventive, our goods and services no less needed than they were last week or last month or last year. Our capacity remains undiminished. But our time of standing pat, of protecting narrow interests and putting off unpleasant decisions -- that time has surely passed. Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America."

1 comment:

  1. Great quote! I too enjoyed his positive thinking in such a crappy time for many americans.

    Go America!

    That's cool you guys are looking at the home you want! That's good :) It be nice!

    Steve and I planned but didn't realized that conflict it would arise, really it could of been advertized longer.

    Luckily were having a stake activity for valentines - which mean no planning for me! Wahoo :)

    Were starting frienship dinner and hope that people will sign up!

    ReplyDelete