Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day




I love Mother's Day. I love the tributes to mothers - in whatever capacity a woman chooses to be a mother. This year has felt differently as Tyson and I know that that stage of our lives is coming closer. I also feel so blessed because Melynda had Elisabeth on Thursday, so all my thoughts are very much babies right now.

Tyson is sooooo amazing at making days like these amazing. He started out by making me a wonderful breakfast - AND making sure the kitchen was super clean afterwards. I was reading and so many blogs talk about mom's love breakfast in bed but hate the messy everything that follows.

After breakfast we watched several episodes of LOST, got ready for church and headed there.

We arrived in church and I loved our bishops message toward women and how a good mom starts with a good little, loved girl. I loved it.

All the women got roses and chocolate. In RS we ate cheesecake - such a cheap day!

We spent time with Chad and Sugey after. That night we had dinner with Katie and Curtis and I took Katie "coupon shopping" for the first time. It was so sad because we traveled for an hour before we struck gold - but boy did we struck gold!

Over all it was a wonderful day. I think my absolute favorite moment was when I was at Katie's house, I was sitting in her rocking chair, lights dimmed low, Klove in the background and I was reading. I can't even describe how relaxed I felt at that precise moment. I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment