Thursday, January 13, 2011

Last Night

Last night was pretty great. Melissa came over and we made our shopping list, cut our coupons and headed to Albertsons. We got there and I got six jars of alfredo sauce and two tubs of peanut butter - after coupons and catalina and promotions, I paid $4.70 - that's $.58 per item!!! I was so excited for the alfredo - even at Walmart they are $1.35 per bottle. I'm hoping that this Sunday has more coupons and I can go buy 5 more alfredo and 3 more red sauce.

After our first transaction, we headed back for chicken and while talking to the meat counter manager, he mentioned he is about to knock down the price on ground beef to get rid of the extra. Not just any ground beef - 93% fat free. It was originally $2.59/lb, but we got it for $1.49/lb! That's the lowest I've seen for 93%. So I got 10 lbs! Melissa and I were pretty excited.

We got back to our home and I cooked all 10 lbs. I put them into 1.5 lbs freezer bags and store them. It is such a smart way to cut back on cooking time. If I want tacos, soup, quesadillas, spagethi or such - I just pull a bag out, warm it up and have the main dish ready usually within 10 minutes.

Learning to coupon and shop sales has been and continues to be a huge blessing. It feels great to know take care of our grocery money. Melissa is always great to come with me and loves to learn.

Tyson has been really kicking up his activities. He got two new recruits 4 days after the big event! His new recruits are also crazy and setting up tons of appointments. It's great! Tyson is so excited for 2011. He is getting so much confidence. Our team is slowly growing and we are so excited.

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up with all of your posts... what a fun time you two have been having together!!! Love, love your pics! Such a great couple you two!

    ReplyDelete