Saturday, January 22, 2011

New Years Goals

My New Year's Goals:

I forgot to write down my new years goals on my blog! This new year seems to have flown by. It's amazing how my priorities have shifted. The las three years my goals have been all business and nothing else - well besides staying thin of course. The move to Colorado has really shifted my focus. I'm still totally behind our financial and business goals - but the nesting switch was turned on. So here are my goals:

1. Attend temple monthly
2. Read scriptures daily
3. Maintain my weight of 140 lbs
4. Attend all events and opp meetings for Primerica
5. Master couponing
6. Declutter my house and maintain a simple lifestyle
7. Continue following a strick budget
8. Fully fund our IRA's and buy more PFS stock
9. Maintain a fully funded emergency fund
10. Continue saving toward our big downpayment for a home goal
11. Learn to freezer cook more efficiently
12. Get pregnant
13. Run a great PFS office
14. Run a great ESS property
15. Get Tyson SMART licensed
16. Go to the PFS convention in June
17. Save more $ for replacement car the 2000 Oldsmobile Alero

So there they are. It's a heck of a lot more homie goals but that is the season that I am in and I love it.

My latest project has to do with goal #6. I've started to scan a ton of stuff inside our external hard drive and shredding the paper copies. So far I have scanned in 200 pages or so of memories, business and just important paperwork. Pretty much all of our payments are online and we use mostly E-statements. My goal is to pretty much clear our one of my filing cabinets and instead of having two - consolidate into one.

Another goal has been to stick to a strick budget. Thanks to a Christmas gift, we were able to pay our life insurance premium in a year in a advance - saving us $100 off the total cost plus $76 a month we don't have to worry about. We also switched to a family phone plan for Walmart and that will save us $35 a month :)

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful goals! May they all be accomplished this year! And then tell me how you did it!

    ReplyDelete