Saturday, August 20, 2011

Utah Part 3

We drove three hours to Bear Lake and arrived at 1 am. We slept in until 9:30. We ate breakfast and hung around doing nothing - which is what I loved about Bear Lake - until church at 12:30. We went to sacrament and then got home for lunch. We had a really good chicken, sparagus and lots of fruit for lunch. Debbie was a saint and bought tons of food that I could eat. I went crazy on the fruit!

After lunch we hung out at aunt Nyla's cabin. I read a book and sat in a rocking chair while listening to the sound of the waves. I can't quite describe how much I love this. I could sit out there all day reading in the shade, listening to the waves and just loving the stillness. Tyson , Debbie, Straton and Nyla played two wicked games of Jocker - a big family game.

After I went back to our cabin and laid on a lawn chair next to Gaylan and talked about babies for a while. After we had a slide show from the Gerbers recent trip to Africa - I lasted 15 minutes and then was out taking a nap.

We had dinner around 8 pm -hot dogs, fruit, chips and salad. After the boys played a frisbee game and Steven Clark got hurt really bad and had to be taken down to Logan to get stiches. We decided to head down to Logan that night. We cleaned the cabin, packed our bags and headed home. We got home around 12:30 am. The next day we slept in, had breakfast and played games. We had lunch at Grandma Gerbers house and we were able to pick up our baby blanket and the COOLEST Aggie booties! I'm so thrilled for them. We got a ride back to the airport from Nyla and Dave.

Utah was a blast. It's always too short but we are reminded of how lucky we are to have both families. We adore our families.








No comments:

Post a Comment