Saturday, February 4, 2012



My mom calls Sydney "Tysa" because she is the spitting image of her dad. Her blue eyes, light brown hair, super white complection - she is a Gerber baby for sure. Tyson has his own special way with Sydney. Last night around 8:45 pm she woke up and started crying. Then it went from whimpering to a scream that makes your body have goosebumps. It was like someone was in there. Of course we both ran in. Tyson picked her up and held her to his chest. She whimpered. Part of me wanted to take her into MY arms and sooth her. But I stood back. I saw Tyson handle her the way only a daddy could. She was safe. She was with her dad.

Having grown up without a dad, I realize how lucky Sydney is. It's one of the deepest wishes I wanted for my kids - a dad. A real dad. The kind that takes you scouting and shooting a bb gun. The kind that will change diapers but still be a firm believer in teaching hard work. Tyson is that. I am fortunate enough to have Tyson watch her exclusively once a week while I work. At first we were BOTH scared, but now I see what a blessing it is. He's getting to have a relationship with Sydney right from the start.

I love him. I love her. Together they make up what I had been wanting all my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment