Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fathers Day 2012






Father's Day was "Awesome" according to Tyson. He woke up to blueberry pancakes, a cute display, Dr. Pepper and a very very happy baby. Could a daddy as for more? We went to church, came home and Tyson relaxed pretty much all day. At 430 we had Sarah and J from our ward join us for dinner. We had ribs, salad, homemade mac and cheese, fruit and brownies. It was divine. We walked around the property and watched some TV.They left by 730.

Tyson had his first official Father's Day this year and what a year it has been. I've been thinking alot about Tyson lately. I knew when I married him that he would be a kick butt husband and he hasn't let me down. He's not perfect - but he tries so hard to be. He's so honest and loyal and kind.
Then came Sydney. Tyson's role changed and I was amazed at how easily he took to it. Tyson is "hands-on" to the core. Right after I gave birth and we stayed at the hospital, Tyson did everything. The only thing he would let my mom and grandma do is hold Sydney (but not very long) He changed every diaper, every feeding, every exam. I was so sick that I could do little but lay in bed. He took charge.

Then we got home and nothing changed. Even though I know he is tired Tyson has never backed down from taking shifts at nights. Even to this day we switch off who gets Sydney in the morning. Even the days that I get her, he wants me to come into the room and Sydney just hang out with us in bed.

Protective as ever - Tyson gets worried when she has the slightest sound of discomfort. He's great at playing with her, reading with her, making her laughs. He loves taking her on walks on the Ergo baby. Every Monday he watches her while at work - some days are great, some not so much, but he still is grateful for the chance.

Tyson has really gone above and beyond, but I'm not surprised. He realizes just how lucky we are to have her. He can't wait to have more.

We really admire a couple in our old ward - Kristen and Darren Johnson. They are fantastic parents and have three great kiddos. I remember one time Darren was watching the girls and someone said "that's nice you are babysitting" and Darren immediatly said "I'm not the babysitter, I'm their FATHER". That has always touched Tyson and he lives by that motto.
He's the best daddy Sydney could ever have.






No comments:

Post a Comment