Friday, November 1, 2013

Sydney @ Two Years Old

Oh sweet Sydney. You are two years old.  You are changing every day - which is why I started writing this post in July. You have really become a little girl this year. I'm amazed at how much you have changed and yet stayed very much the same fiery little baby we brought home from the hospital.

You started talking at 20 months. We were in Utah during this time and really before did not show much interest in talking. You could sign several things - all done, food, water, thank you - but talking you were late. You can currently say : dog, daddy, mommy,Agua, Dora, please, no, yeah, thank you, flower, bubble, shoes, oh oh, are you ok, doggy , baby, yeah, boots, airplane, two, three, five, most of the alphabet and anything we want you to repeat.

You love to eat. You have always been a good eater, but what you want changes all the time. You loved mac&cheese for six  months but then decided it was gross. You mostly love any pasta. You love yogurt, quesadillas, black beans, veggies straws, cucumbers, any fruit, nutragrains and dried apricots.

You sleep great. You go to bed at 730 and wake up at 730. You were down to one nap at 16 months, which was really sad but now you and London sleep at the same time which is my saving grace.

You know numbers 1-10

You know all the alphabet. You can't say every letter but you point to it when we ask.

You love to read. We go outside every morning and we read. you love to sit on my legs when they are crossed and have me make the animal noises

You like to draw and color. You love sidewalk chalk. You love to swim and love getting wet, but you HATE baths. You hate water and soap coming from above. Bathtimes are kinda of a battle.

You jump and run. You love golf cart rides.

You are much better at the car and if we give you our phone you are in heaven.

You love blankie and binkie. We do lots of quiet time in the crib when you want your binkie

You love London. She is a fun toy for you. You come up to her and say "hi" and "it's ok" when she cries. I can see that sweet bond you will have. You worry about her when she cries. You wake up, run to her bed and climb up to see her. 

You love walking and being outside. I get tired of being outside all the time but you can't get enough. I'm scared the winter will make us both cabin crazy

You love to give daddy a hug and kiss goodbye. You run to him when he gets home. You miss him and ask about him during the day. 

You are learning to climb everything - the table, the van, the high chair. We call you little monkey. 

With all the cute things also have come very strong emotions. Just lately you started screaming in really high pitches when you are frustrated. Like today you were mad I did not give you my phone, so you started screaming. I put you in the stairs to "calm down" but instead you screamed for 15 minutes straight. It was both frustrating and funny. After 15 minutes I sat next to you and we hugged. I asked if you wanted mr binkie and in between cries you said "yeah". It's a new phase for us and it's been challenging but when you  are so sweet in between. 

I can't quite describe how wonderful you are. Your sweet smiles lights up the room. You say hello to everyone but always keep your distance. Sometimes you will come up to me and kiss me for no reason and just as fast you go back to playing. You have such a fire inside. I thank god every day for you. Happy 2nd birthday Sydney Jane. 

















Your daddy took these pictures of you the morning of your birthday. I love how they capture you - the mini emotions and random smiles. Your face changes ever so slightly with each new emotion. You are so unbelievably beautiful to me. Thank you for being my first baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment