Monday, August 25, 2008

Apartment Shopping


This last week has been a roller coaster. The search for apartment is so depressing. I am realizing just how lucky we were to live in this area and to be in our apartment complex. We have been blessed our first year. I do recognize that this move is stretching us and will lead us to bigger and better things.

Some fun experiences include:

1. Apartment with the lesbian neighbors.
2. Apartment with the kitchen the size of a bathroom and NASTY floors.
3. Apartment that screams "break into me".
4. Apartment with no windows to let the dryer fumes escape.
5. Apartment with the "crazy landlord" that is "professional" Monday - Thursday but liberal during the weekend ... aka CRAZY PARTIES!

The other thing that really bothers me is how high the prices are.I mean, you are paying in rent as much as you pay in a mortgage payment?!! It reminds me how hard it is for families to have a decent life. The search continues. I have faith that that the Lord will lead us to where we need to be. I was talking to Tyson last night and just thought how lucky I was to have someone that will fight with me. I'm grateful we run to each other when life gets challenging.

On a nicer side, my sweet primary girls threw me a surprise leaving party on Sunday - complete with streamers and fruit. They were so sweet. I was very lucky to teach my girls and I know they will do great things in life.

1 comment:

  1. oh man! i am so sorry that none of my leads worked out for you :( you and tyson can crash at our pad ANYTIME!!!!

    mi casa, su casa! and that is all the "dora" i can speak..he he

    ReplyDelete