Thursday, August 28, 2008

We have a Home

As luck would have it we found our new place 5 days before we needed to move out. It's a 2 bedroom condo in Aix La Chappele complex. It's sunny, bright and has TONS of closets. Last night Ty and I moved as much as we could. He headed to appointments around 8 and Marie came to my rescue. We moved for 4 hours straight. PJ and Dave from our ward came to our rescue on the big stuff. Finally at 11:30, with our apartment half empty, no food and utilities shut off, we surveyed the damage.

To be honest, it was almost bittersweet. This apartment was our first starting ground as husband and wife. Ty and I had so many first in this place. We have really learned to rely on each other and hold on tighter when things get tough. I'm excited for the new place and to actually have an office for Ty. I really believe things are heading toward greatness.

Another good news is that we got both cars back. After a week in the shop, we got Tyson's car to have cold AC. Yeah! This weekend we are finishing moving, I get to organize my new place and we will keep building a dynasty.

Thanks to all of you (Heather Cochrane) that were so sweet and helped me look for apartments and to the people that helped us move. You guys rock!

4 comments:

  1. Dearest Hermana!!

    That's so great you found a place - and there was no need for a moving truck. Money saver :)

    For not having to much cooking experience growing up - I think your a fabulous cooker !! Way to go Sis.

    How was hanging out with Marie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a home! Also off topic, but inspired by the above comment, I'm impressed too how you talk about cooking now, because you never cooked when I lived by you. I'm so proud that you do now; cooking good food is so healthy and yummy and cheap, all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for the Gerbers! How exciting! The next time your up that way we will have to swing in and see it!

    ReplyDelete