Thursday, August 21, 2008

Funny Things in Life


Does life ever feel like it's spinning out of control? This last week feel that way. Don't get me wrong, I fully realize that I pretty much have been on vacation the first two weeks in August, but talk about a jump back into reality. I write this, not to whine, its not productive, but because I plan on printing out my blog into a book with Blur and I want to remember the tough times too, not just the seemenly perfect life.

Tyson and I found out we had to move out of current apartment 30 days ago and quickly started our search. About a week later Melynda told me of this great deal to rent out a house and it seemed perfect. We saw the house and loved it; sadly this last week we went to draft the final contract and found out lots of extra expenses that would put us over our budget. We backed out. Now the problem is that we have 10 days - yes 10 days - to find a new place to live.

I was driving Tyson's car yesterday and ran over something sharp. New tires needed. We also took Tyson's car to the shop to see why his AC was not working. The electrical system is down and needs to be fixed. So we were juggling my car and the car my mom lets me borrow while she is in Nicaragua. So today Tyson calls me; my car broke down and needs a new fuel pump. So now we don't have place to live, both cars in the shop and the only thing keeping us going is my mom's car. Lesson's learned: save, save, save, save some more. In the last week we have spent almost $3000 in unexpected things. I can't tell you how grateful I am for our business at this point.

So Martha and Tyson, when things go back to being smooth and peachy, take the time to pray and say thank you for all the blessings in our lives. We are surrounded by leaders who push us to be better. We live a great life and it's all due to our choices. I bet I will laugh about this and it's not like I'm down. I'm happy I see this situation for what it is - a single incident, or many incidents at once - and the fact is that moments like this defy our character and help us become better people. I love my husband. He is steady. He is brave. He is my rock.

So if any of you know of a good, cheap place to live ... send it my way.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear how much is happening to you; way to keep a positive attitude! Good luck with finding good housing in just 10 days; I'm sure that you'll manage to do it, you're very on top of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hermana,
    That stinks!! I was so hopeing you would get that house (no extra charge included)....When life isn't peachy, makes the past looks so much easier!!

    Do you know when mom is coming home? I like to see her when she comes home.

    How's mom home holding out? I was a little worried that Julio might throw a party that could lead to the ultimate disaster!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hermana,
    That stinks!! I was so hopeing you would get that house (no extra charge included)....When life isn't peachy, makes the past looks so much easier!!

    Do you know when mom is coming home? I like to see her when she comes home.

    How's mom home holding out? I was a little worried that Julio might throw a party that could lead to the ultimate disaster!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hermana,
    That stinks!! I was so hopeing you would get that house (no extra charge included)....When life isn't peachy, makes the past looks so much easier!!

    Do you know when mom is coming home? I like to see her when she comes home.

    How's mom home holding out? I was a little worried that Julio might throw a party that could lead to the ultimate disaster!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hermana,
    That stinks!! I was so hopeing you would get that house (no extra charge included)....When life isn't peachy, makes the past looks so much easier!!

    Do you know when mom is coming home? I like to see her when she comes home.

    How's mom home holding out? I was a little worried that Julio might throw a party that could lead to the ultimate disaster!!

    ReplyDelete