Monday, August 18, 2008



Sixteen of our awesome team members and us spent the most incredible weekend at the Ritz Carlton in the Lake Las Vegas Resort. We arrived Friday to a formal gala completed with personal waiters, live entertainment, unbelievable speakers and the feeling of royalty. In the midst of all the glitz and glamor, I did have a very deep moment. My personal Waiter was this a darling Latin lady name Carla. She was so sweet, kind and humble. I looked at her and could not help but see my mom, who for years worked at hotels taking care of business owners and people with more money. I looked at her and realized that she was someones mom too. My mother worked hard for years for me .. to provide me with a better life and I had found it. Primerica has given me the life that my mother could only dream of. I told Tyson that night that when we go back to the Ritz in two years, I would personally take my mother, and this time, she would be the one served.

The entire weekend was unbelievable. What we do is unbelievable, but more importantly, the fact that we offer the same chance to everyone else is what makes this company amazing. I love this company and I am here forever. I have some fun photos to post, but I just had to write down my feelings on what I do. I've had friends question what I do and that it's one of those "funny business" but all of that juts comes from people who don't know Primerica. Anyone who has actually done Primerica, even if they weren't mentally tough enough to stick it out, will never talk bad about PFS. It's only the quitters that whine.

Tyson and I came home with a new mindset. Tyson gave our TV away. He gave his surround sound away ... anything that will distract him from building us a business of our own. He is my hero.

We were able to mingle with Ray Young ($1.5 million a year), Bill Whittle ($2.4 million a year), Chris Howard ($1.3 million a year), Brendan Murton ($1.3 million a year), Brandon Neil ($900k a year) and they were more than willing to help us. The fact that we can associate with these people on a consistent basis has raised my standard of life. I mean, when did it become normal for both parents to work and dad to have a third job? When did it become normal for parents to not help their kids pay for college? When did it become normal for people to find working into their 70's and 80's acceptable? I'll tell you when ... when jobs decided it was OK to not pay enough to their workers and to send business overseas for cheaper labor. The only way to improve yourself is to start your own business, even just part time. W2's are never going to get to retirement. It's a 1099 world (for those of you who don't know what that means, ask any business owner you know)

I have so many reasons to win; not just for my family, but for the millions of families I will touch because I won't quit when it gets hard. My drive to win is deeper than my insecurities and sarcastic comments from people more broke than me.

I love what I do. I'm so grateful for this company and for all the people who believe in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment